The ErgoBaby Baby Carrier will allow you to carry your baby:
- On your front
- On your back
- On your hip
- From newborn to around 4 plus years
With the addition of the infant insert (available separately), it can be used from newborn right the way to heavy pre-schoolers, meaning you only need to buy one baby sling. I carried my daughter until she was well over 4 1/2 years old for up 2 hours at a time.
A key feature of the ErgoBaby Baby Carrier is its design - unlike some other baby carriers, it holds your baby in the anatomically correct position so your baby is "seated" in the carrier rather than suspended from it. Studies have shown that this is better for the development of your baby's spine as it does not put undue pressure on developing bones.
For the parent, the Ergo is comfortable even for long carries and can be quickly adjusted to fit from 5' to 6'5" so it adapts well in families where the parents have different body shapes or sizes.
- One of the most adaptable carriers and can be used from in front, hip and back positions
- The Ergo is a hands free carrier, meaning you can snuggle your baby and still have the freedom to play with older siblings, do the house work or go for a walk
- With the infant insert, it can be used from birth, so you only need to buy one sling
- Balance the baby’s weight so you can comfortably carry for long periods without physical stress
- Allows you to breastfeed when carrying on your front
- Is easily adjusted to fit both parents
- Has attached sleep hood for when baby falls asleep
- Is machine washable
- No heavy metal frame to add weight and dig in
- Choice of sleek or urban designs
- Fits from 5' to 6'5" body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
- Large pocket to the front – big enough for 1 nappy, wipes, purse, phone
- Waist belt circumference from 30" to 55"
- Sleeping hood with elastic, adjusts in length to growth of baby
- Soft, durable cotton canvas and high-density padding
- Machine Washable - cold, gentle cycle
- High Quality buckles tested by SGS
- High quality webbing, matched to carrier colour
- Reinforcement stitching used at all fabric intersections
- Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections
- Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
The ERGObaby Carrier enables you to carry your child in front, on your back, or on your hip, giving you and your child freedom of movement as well as the closeness your child needs.
With the addition of the infant insert, you can carry your newborn from day one in a gentle, secure snuggle position
From around 4 months, you can carry your baby sitting up, facing you. Babies love to be close to their parent and to receive eye-to-eye contact and sitting in this position makes them feel supported and protected, essential to a baby’s mental and social development.
As soon as the neck of your child is strong enough to support the head for any length of time, your child can be carried on your back. When going for a walk, shopping or every day just at home - your child is by your side, or rather: on your back. This gives you more freedom in everyday life, and at the same time strengthens the vital mother-child-relationship or father-child-relationship.
This position is perfect for the temporary carriage of bigger children since your child can see everything and have close body contact at the same time. Carrying a child on your hip is the most natural way to carry a child and makes the anatomically correct natural sitting position possible.
Health and wellbeing
The ERGObaby Carrier ensures carriage in the anatomically correct natural sitting position. This position avoids bruising the genitalia or straining the baby's spine, which can arise with baby carriers that do not guarantee an anatomically correct natural sitting position. The ERGObaby Carrier is NOT designed for the front position with the baby facing outwards since, in this position, the anatomically correct natural sitting position is not possible and there are additional negative aspects.